Your Yahoo password always applies to your entire Yahoo account which means that it is valid not only for Yahoo Mail, but also for Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo Music Engine, My Yahoo, Yahoo Finance, and all of other Yahoo personalized services. If someone breaks into any of these accounts, you’ll have to change your Yahoo Account password.
Here’s how to change Yahoo account password from Yahoo! Mail:
- Log in to your Yahoo Mail account. (in this example, the login user is Steve)
- Click your name at the top-left of the page. From the menu that appears, select Account .
- A new browser screen appears asking you to verify your password. Type your password into the box and then click Sign In.
- The Account Information page appears. From the Account Info menu, select Change your password.
- Type your Current Password in the first box, the New Password in the second box, confirm your New Password by typing it again in the third box. Finally click Save. Your password has been changed.
By the way, there are so many 3rd party utility available on the Internet which claims to reset the website saved password. If you’ve had your browser remember the yahoo password for you, you can also use the software to change your yahoo account password.
SmartKey Internet Explorer Password Recovery is a professional password recovery tool which can recover your lost/forgotten Internet Explorer saved passwords that include FTP password, email password, Hotmail password, forum password, Google password, yahoo password, AutoComplete passwords, etc. It’s a very thorough and useful tool. I am confident that you’ll enjoy it.
Wish you all the Best