Hello, everyone! I want to change my MSN password but I couldn’t find a way! I had my yahoo account password use on MSN messenger, I log into yahoo website to change the new password but when I use my MSN account I have to use the old password. How can I change the yahoo password for MSN messenger as well?
Learn How to Change Your MSN Passwords
1. Sign into your account at MSN (see Resources below).
2. Click on “Messenger.”
3. Select the “Help” link.
4. Click on the “Account Summary” link.
5. Click on “Change Your Password.”
6. Type in your old password in the field provided.
7. Choose a new password and enter it in the provided box. Your new password must have a minimum of six characters.
8. Enter your new password a second time.
9. Indicate whether you want your new password to automatically expire after 72 days by clicking on the tiny box provided for this purpose. It’s a good idea to do this. It reminds you to change your password frequently.
10. Click on “Save.” You have now successfully changed your MSN password.
If you don’t remember your current password you can check whether it can be recovered:
Start your Windows Live Messenger and click on the “Sign In” button. Being able to sign in to your messenger without having to enter your password means that your MSN password is stored locally and can be easily recovered.
If you want to recover your current MSN password, download Password Recovery for MSN, install it, run it and click “Recover Password” button. This will show all MSN passwords that are currently saved on your system.
Use your current MSN password when entering it at Steps described above Click on the Save button and this should change MSN password.
As a confirmation of the password change you will see a message saying “Your information has been saved” (this will also change MSN Messenger password too)
I take MSN Password Recovery 5.0 for example:
Below are the steps to recover forgotten or lost passwords for MSN Messenger, Windows Live Messenger and Windows Messenger accounts using MSN Password Recovery 5.0, to see the detailed information, please refer to the “Help” document integrated in the program.
Step 1: Run MSN Password Recovery.
Step 2: Click on the “Start Recovery” button.
Step 3: All the user name and password are displayed in the box.