ok, so I have an Acer Windows 7 home premium laptop and I forgot my pass word. How can I reset the lost Windows 7 password? Please help me!
- If so far your Acer Windows 7 home premium laptop has no password setup required when logging on, you may be interested in this tutorial: “How to Password Protect Windows 7 User Account?”
- If you have a short memory, you may be interested in this tutorial “How to Create Windows 7 Password Reset Disk”.
- If you forgot Windows 7 User password, you have 2 methods to retrieve it. One is below method, another is this guide: “How to find Windows 7 password”
Below are the methods I found from Microsoft Answers
If you can still use the fingerprint scanner to log on with an administrator account, you have an easy way to recover the forgotten password. Please perform the following.
The following instructions will activate the hidden, built-in Administrator account. You can then use that account to change the password on your normal administrator account.
1. Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories. Right click the Command Prompt and select the Run as administrator option.
2. In the command window, type the following command, exactly as showed:
net user administrator /active: yes
You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log off, and you will now see the Built-in Administrator account as a choice to log on. Select that account. (There should not be a password associated with this account)
3. Open Control panel / User Accounts. Select manage another account.
4. Select your normal Administrator account and click the Remove Password option. Click the Remove Password button.
Log off and log on with your normal Administrator account and create a new password. When you create the new password, select the option to Create a password reset disk. If you forget your password again, you can use the reset disk to log on
Let us know the results.
Forgot Windows 7 Password is not a difficult thing to solve, you don’t need to become an computer expert. The above experiment was carried out under Windows 7, but this tool also supports Windows XP, Vista, 2008, 2003, 2000.